Running a dispensary involves having the right equipment to handle all aspects of the business. This equipment list will help you start your dispensary off on the right foot.
The first thing you need is a way to package your product. You need packaging that complies with all state and local laws. This packaging needs to be child-resistant, tamper-evident, and properly labeled. Some packaging products you will need include:
- Child Proof Containers: These containers come in various sizes and styles. They need to be child-resistant and tamper-evident.
- Bags: You will need bags to package your product in. These bags need to be child-resistant, tamper-evident, and properly labeled.
- Shrink Bands: Shrink bands are used to secure lids on containers. They need to be child-resistant and tamper-evident.
In addition to packaging, you will need labels for your product. These labels need to be child-resistant, tamper-evident, and properly labeled. They must also comply with all state and local laws. Take advantage of these labels to also include branding for your dispensary.
Running a dispensary also requires having the proper safety equipment. This equipment is necessary to protect you, your employees, and your customers. Some safety products you will need include:
- Gloves: You will need gloves to protect your hands when handling products.
- Aprons: You will need aprons to protect your clothes from the product.
- Covers: You will need covers to protect various parts of your body. Some types of covers include hairnets, beard covers, and shoe covers.
- Respirators: You will need respirators to protect your lungs from the product.
Of course, you will also need cannabis products. These products must be labeled appropriately and comply with all state and local laws. You will need various products to meet your customers’ needs. Some popular cannabis products include:
- Flowers: Flowers are the bud of the cannabis plant. They can be smoked, vaporized, or used to make edibles.
- Concentrates: Concentrates are extracted from the cannabis plant. They can be smoked, vaporized, or used to make edibles.
- Edibles: Edibles are cannabis-infused food products. They can be made with flowers or concentrates.
- Topicals: Topicals are cannabis-infused products that are applied to the skin. They can be used for pain relief or other purposes.
Equip Your Dispensary
This is just a basic list of dispensary equipment. You may also need other items, depending on the products you offer and the services you provide. Consult with a dispensary lawyer to ensure you have everything you need to run your business legally and safely.